iPad Three iPad Gripes After a Few Days

Discussion in 'iPad' started by puma1552, Nov 22, 2012.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

So I do love my iPad to death, but I've noticed three things I don't like:

1) Scrolling speed up and down web pages is too slow...flicking down a page isn't nearly as fast as it is on my 4S. It feels like you can't get enough momentum to really sail down the page, like it's limited.

2) Back button at top of Safari browser. I really feel this should be at the bottom. When laying on my stomach on the bed with the iPad on my pillow in front of me, it's kind of a hassle to have to reach for the top of the screen to hit the back button...should really be at the bottom IMO. You could extend this to say all the browser functions should be at the bottom.

3) No two finger forward/back swipes in Safari. Really? Come on Apple. Infinitely more useful than the current multi-touch gestures, IMO. The iPad is plenty big enough to accommodate this.

2. bgro macrumors 6502a

Agree with #2. Should def be at the bottom.

3. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

#2 and #3 agree too :) specially when you have a beer belly like me #2 will be awesome :eek:

4. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

I'd also like some quick music controls like double tapping the home button like the phone. No biggie though, still awesome.

5. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Double tap and swipe from left to right. You're welcome. :)

6. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

Nice! Love the brightness control there also.

Sometimes it's finding out those little unadvertised things that makes having something Apple so nice.

7. plucky duck macrumors 6502

I too don't like the positioning of the back and refresh button. Be nice if within safari you can swipe from left or right border and bring up common functions (back, refresh, site urls, add to bookmark).

8. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

I quite agree with 2 and 3. I've gotten quite used to swiping forward and back in Safari on my MacBook, it would be nice to have on the iPad too.

9. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

After playing with it a bit more, #1 is moot...got the hang of the scrolling to flick it quick, it's a little different than the iphone but thats ok:)

10. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Try Mercury browser. I have almost every browser out there and while they all seem to have some critical flaws, Mercury is quite good. Gestures work perfectly.