Three iPhone 4's Same Network Strange GPS Response

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattkidd, Feb 3, 2011.

1. mattkidd macrumors regular

mattkidd

Hello,

I recently purchased my iPhone 4 from the UK network Three.

Two of my friends have also at similar times also purchased the same phone on the same network.

When we are at college and enable the maps feature two of us get one location and one of us gets another.

The two of us get an inaccurate result locating us at some field a few metres away from the actual location. Whilst the other one of us gets an accurate result of just over the college building.

Now i could understand the reason if we were on different networks, however we are all in exactly the same location together and on the same networks all using iPhone 4.

I only seem to be having this issue directly within this location, everything else has been rather accurate, now how could this be? I have attached two screenshots, one being the accurate and one being inaccurate, ignore the address bar.

I have tried moving around the building only to get exactly the same result.

Incorrect
    [​IMG]

Correct
    [​IMG]

Some help would be greatly appreciated :eek:

2. mattkidd thread starter macrumors regular

mattkidd

3. 0wnage macrumors member

There are tons of variables that have to do with finding your location. Cell tower location basically triangulates and finds your position, but there can be a lot of interference, such as the building itself, distance of cell tower. It's perfectly normal to get inaccurate readings inside a building, there's nothing wrong with your phone.