Three mobile broadband in non 3G area

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Kissaragi, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

I bought a three mobile pay as you mobile broadband dongle to use on holiday in the UK with my macbook pro.

On a recent canal trip it worked great in 3G areas but when we went somewhere with only GPRS coverage i could connect and stay connected but no webpage would load and it showed next to no data being received or sent.

Im going to be going camping at lake Bala in Wales soon where there will only be 2g coverage and im wondering what i can do to get my dongle working on GPRS? I know itll be slow but it just wont load anything at all at the moment and slow is better than nothing.

2. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

It should.

Should switch auto. I have had no troubles with mine. Call customer service.

3. Kissaragi thread starter macrumors 68020

Its switched to auto, as i say it connects to GPRS, receives a couple of kb of data then wont receive anymore but it appears to stay connected.

I was just wandering if there were any settings i could alter to solve it rather than running the three customer services gauntlet?

Thanks

4. Kissaragi thread starter macrumors 68020

Is this the right forum section for this btw?

5. Kissaragi thread starter macrumors 68020

Cant even seem to authenticate on gprs now and ive just read somewhere three are stopping you using the net on gprs? Anyone have any ideas?