Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xand&Roby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2020
The only one I’m interested in is CarPlay 2.0 for aftermarket devices.
CarPlay has worsened in recent years also because with each update Apple tightens Siri a little more.
What I do today with Siri and CarPlay is less and more tiring than what I did in 2020, with the same car, is less than what I did in 2011.

It's absurd that Siri worked better on the iPhone 4S than on the iPhone 13 and HomePod.
It's absurd that HomeKit worked better on Apple TV 3 than on HomePod.
It's absurd that CarPlay worked better with iPhone 5s than with iPhone 13.

Apple must stop presenting nonsense and start putting its sw back in place, which is now a real 💩.

floral

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2023
Earth
If the entire dash panel is a computer display the net effect is the same whether you are using CarPlay or the default. I hope the trend to make everything a touch screen scales back sometime. Not everything needs to be a gizmo.
Oh.. There should be an option to use the middle screen vs. the entire dashboard

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

East India Company

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2023
CarPlay 2 will put Tesla out of business. Bye bye birdie, bye bye Muskie, bye bye kitchen sink!
I don’t think I want to put something that needs to be reliable like a car critical display into the hands of apple. Apple is good to make superficial functionalities look and feel very good, not good at make reliable and long term thrust worthy software.

Chazak

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2022
CarPlay 2 will put Tesla out of business. Bye bye birdie, bye bye Muskie, bye bye kitchen sink!
It would take more than freezing weather in hell for that to happen.

Can you explain why you think that would happen and what data you have that supports your statement.

• Haha
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.