Three NOT bringing iphone to Australia

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by needthephone, May 16, 2008.

1. needthephone macrumors 6502a

I did a google search on iphone and one of the Adword links to the right of the
    main search results is:

3 X-Series Mobile Phones
    Why Buy An iPhone When You Can Buy
    A Nokia N95 With 3 Mobile Today?
    www.Three.com.au/NokiaN95

I know google doesn't like this (competitors bidding on competitors brand names) but that is beside the point. If Three was going to stock iphone I don't think it would be advertising Nokia N95's..

Shame as were'e with Three oh well I'll be switching to Vodaphone or Optus-

Maybe its not conclusive but there are no other networks there apart from Three.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=i...s=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

2. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

why go through the hassle of moving when you are with one of the best data networks ever (at least they are in the UK) just to a JB/unlock and pop your 3 USIM in and continue your contract or PAYG..

3. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

Yeah just wait and see how the new one's pan out as far as unlocking goes. No need to make such a hasty switch. And who knows, they might even be unlocked as I have to see a Vodafone phone that was locked.

4. needthephone thread starter macrumors 6502a

We will probably keep our three phones anyway. They cost me and my wife about $1 a month as we only ring each other on them and it's free in 10 minute blocks.

Three seems to be going its own way with the Skype phone but you can't do skype out (which we use all the time to call real phones )just make calls to peoples PC's which is next to useless for me.

In Aus Telstra has by far the best network but its yet to be announced if they have it or not. I can't see them NOT having it as though as they have to get users to pay for their network upgrade.