Three of everything, please help.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Touchy, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Touchy macrumors regular

My iPod touch has acquired (3) of each contact and they are all identical. Also, the calendar now has several versions depending on which "color" of importance you pick. It also has an "all calendar" and with that choice again there are multiple entries for the same item on the same day and time.
    I have deleted and reinstalled iTunes, I have "restored" the iPod touch several times and still get the same problem appearing. Has this happened to anyone else and if so what is the solution to correct these multiple entries. BTW, the music, photos, apps, etc all appear OK.

2. ski2moro macrumors 6502

Are you syncing through Mobile ME AND iTunes?

I have a solution/workaround for that.

Let me know.

3. Touchy thread starter macrumors regular

I am sincing using iTunes but I don't believe I am using Mobile Me unless something has changed or gotten checked that I didn't see. iTunes is on a PC. I did have to do a "restore" on my PC several days ago and I think that is when this problem developed. Thanks for the reply.

4. Touchy thread starter macrumors regular

Now I am getting (4) of each item in "contacts" and "calendar". I have also reloaded the MS Office program. I can't seem to find a way to correct this. Does anyone have experience with this and could offer a fix. Thanks in advance.

5. Touchy thread starter macrumors regular

Pretty sure that the problem is the PC in that I have probably "stored" several copies of the contacts and calendar and that the iTunes is only copying what is there as it should. I don't believe that the iPod or iTunes is at fault. What does the forum think of this