Three piece back?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by spring, Nov 6, 2012.

1. spring macrumors regular

Are there any matte/clear skin combo back for the rear in three pieces? The only one I know of is the SGP ultra crystal MIX. I was kinda hoping for a wet application, at least for the middle part, so that the Apple logo and iPhone text don't cause bubbling.

2. rc0310 macrumors member

I have the Neo EX Snow bumper.. and it came with the three pieces..

I did a wet install on them and there's no bubbles around the Apple logo and the writings at the bottom :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Radiating macrumors 65816

I did a dry instal and got crazy amounts of bubbles around the logos and text. Good to know wet instal works.

4. esfrost macrumors member

I had the same problem with bubbles around the apple logo and the letterings with one piece protector. Ordered 5 set of three piece back protectors in matte version for 2.99 including shipping. They arrived yesterday, and installed one right away. Still had the bubbles around the logo and the lettering so i decided to give them some water. Just one drop for the logo and for the letters. It looked pretty great, no bubbles at all. After 30 mins, it started to bubble up. I noticed theres some more water under the procetor, so i just let it dry for one day. This was yesterday evening, its still drying out. If they wont disappear, i'll give em some more water. If it wont work, i guess i will just order stickers from **********. Have the Slate Jet Black sides, and they are awsome, i guess i'd get the same for the middle back, and the matte antibacterial black for the upper and lower part.

5. als88 macrumors newbie

sticker boy sounds good, they also have the clear skin protection series, any idea if thats the same thing as the sticker because i don't want bubbles on the back and only a dry install

6. j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

I used a piece of matte Wrapsol and cut it to fit the aluminum & cut a more glossy Xtreme Guard to cover the class pieces. Looks pretty good on mine. Both were wet install and I have no bubbles.