Three taps on home button turns on iPod

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GoCubsGo, Jan 20, 2008.

1. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I am on a jailbroken 1.1.1 iPhone. By accident I did a triple tap on my home button while my phone was locked and it brought up iPod controls that I could use without having to unlock my phone. Maybe this was common knowledge, but I didn't know of it! I never upgraded to 1.1.2 and never got to see if it worked in that version. Now on 1.1.3 it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know if there is a way to make this happen? I haven't upgraded, I was just playing with another 1.1.3 phone and noticed it didn't have the same functionality.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Didn't know about that feature but I just tried it on my 1.1.2 phone and it works there.

Thanks for the tip.

3. Lau Guest

I just tried it on 1.1.3 and a double click (when the screen is on, but locked) works – it brings up play, and back/forward.

Nice tip, by the way, thanks, I didn't know about it.

4. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

This feature has always been included, it just isn't all that well known. It is really helpful when all you want to do is change the volume/pause the music without bringing up all of the controls. It is also onthe touch

5. GoCubsGo thread starter macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

So it did work? It didn't on the 1.1.3 phone I have.

6. Lau Guest

Yep, definitely. If the screen's off, a triple click brings it up, and if the screen's on a double click does.

7. rayward macrumors 68000

FWIW, this isn't a new feature. The double-click control was added to the iPhone with 1.1.1. The "triple-click" of which you speak is one click of the home button to wake up the iPhone, then a double-click to go to the iPod app.

8. sparkyms macrumors 65816

setting > general > home button.

Might be that in the 1.1.3 model you were using it had the function set to off.

9. AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

Thanks! I never noticed that in settings :D

10. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Three taps on home button turns on iPod

Three taps to my home button generally turns me on as well.:p