Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

threethings-sean

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2015
Hi MR,

My name is Sean, and I’m the primary developer of three things! Three things is a simple and elegant app to help you accomplish daily tasks without getting overwhelmed.

https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/app/three-things/id1046641125?mt=8&at=11lMwS&ct=RGM

Screens:
egfICNj.png
Luny15r.png
kcKyUB8.png

I am currently inbetween jobs and wanted to make an app to keep my skills up and have something to show potential employers what I did during said break. I decided to set some parameters to give myself a challenge, I wanted to make an app that I could:

1. Get done in < month
  2. had only one screen
  3. was something I’d use myself daily.
As you all know, staying motivated and organized inbetween work is imperative, so I figured I could make an app around that. Thinking back to growing up, my mom always told me when going out to “Make sure you get three things done”, and thus idea of three things was born!

How it works:

Its simple, write down three things you’d like to accomplish today, get it done, swipe right, and get a point. Swipe left to give up on something and lose a point. If you leave anything left to do by the time time runs out, lose a point.

I’m super excited to finally have it out, and would love to get MR feedback, both good & bad, on how I can make this a better app to keep you motivated to get things done! If you do enjoy the app, feel free to leave a tip :)

Sean

tranceking26

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2013
I downloaded this and am giving it a go.

Seems like a great idea but I'm lazy so I may end up with a poor score!

threethings-sean

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2015
Thanks for taking a look! Let me know if you have any suggestions for improvement. Make writing down 3 things, one of your 3 things to do for the day, then you only have 2 things left! haha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.