Three to Five weeks

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ivanwi11iams, Sep 12, 2016.

1. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

Since Friday, I'm been trying to decide if I should simply buy a 1st Gen Apple Watch.
    Why? I don't need GPS, I don't run, and don't swim (unless I'm at the beach).

However, now that I've finally decided to buy an Apple Watch Series II, the wait is 3-5 weeks.
    See, that's what I get for being 'slow'...

2. Bazinga82 macrumors newbie

Bazinga82

Which one did you decide on? I went with the 38mm SS because the 42 was too much for my wrist. I wanted to try on the 38 & 42 plus all the bands before ordering, so I didn't order until Saturday and my wait is 3-5 weeks too - Waiting sucks! I'm already daydreaming about getting the black SS one as well.....

3. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

I would not sweat it. Get the one you like the most. Last year, after the initial ordering clog (which is probably not repeating itself this year), Apple significantly beat their initial shipping estimates. Not to say that they will beat 3-5 weeks this time around, but if that were the one thing holding you back, then I would say to get the exact watch you want and then wait for it.

4. ivanwi11iams thread starter Contributor

ivanwi11iams

Still trying to decide. But, more than likely the Stainless Steel 42mm Space Black, sport band. I had a 1st Gen of the same type. Still thinking about just a Stainless Steel, but need to see it on my arm first.

5. Bazinga82 macrumors newbie

Bazinga82

Either one is a very nice choice. I think the SS has more band options but when the SS space black is paired with right band it looks really sharp. Best of luck deciding!

6. ivanwi11iams thread starter Contributor

ivanwi11iams

Hang on, don't the bands from the Aluminum fit the Stainless Steel, and vice versa?

7. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

I think he's talking about color choice.