Three (UK) 3G Mobile Broadband Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by liketom, Jan 28, 2009.

1. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

Hey all ,

i have a Three Mobile Broadband dongle and am looking for an alternative way of connecting to 3g from it rather then use the 3 Connect software ?

on my MBP i was getting kernal panics due to the software - plug in, use broadband , close connection and then the system will crash with a kernal panic.

anyone elese have the same issue? any workaround or other software ?

great deal on it BTW 3GB pack on a PAYG for £49

looking to plug into my MBA

thanks for any help/advice

2. NightFox macrumors 68000

NightFox

Did you ever resolve this?

I'm looking for a UK 3G mobile broadband dongle for my MacBook, but I really don't want to have to install the Service Provider's driver software to run it, as my experience has always been that such software is horrible, horrible, horrible.

3. kilgore1080 macrumors newbie

I have a 3G dongle with 3, the software is awful. Its built for Windows users and the interface for Macs is woeful. When you use it you can't get system messages from 3, when I asked them about it their solution was, "connect the dongle to a Windows PC to pick up your messages". Useful. To be fair to the guy on the phone he agreed the setup for Macs was poor but couldn't tell me if 3 were planning on updating it.

I'd advise you try a different provider if possible but if not be VERY careful about your data useage as 3 are incredibly expensive if you go over your allowance.

4. Dark Phoenix XI macrumors newbie

Is there any 3rd party software or a solution because im afraid these constant kernel panics are harming my mac :(