Three UK carrier update 15.6 prompt

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigmikeyp, May 17, 2014.

1. bigmikeyp macrumors regular

bigmikeyp

I've just been prompted for a carrier update by Three (in the UK).

After checking the version, it's still on 15.6 after installing and rebooting my device.

Has anybody else had the same thing? Curious to know what's been changed, or why an update prompt was given for the same version. I already had the version which enabled LTE/4G.

2. njsapple2012 macrumors member

Which plan are you on, out of interest?

I believe a recent carrier update for Three meant where Personal Hotspot was AYCE data before it's now limited to 1GB per calendar month.

3. bigmikeyp thread starter macrumors regular

bigmikeyp

I'm on the now discontinued 'One Plan'.

Existing customers still receive AYCE data inc. tethering until they upgrade or change contract, or is that incorrect?

4. Azzin, May 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014

Azzin macrumors 68040

The One Plan has changed if you take it on a contract with a phone, in that tethering is capped to 2GB per month and you now get free 0800, 0808 and 0500 calls and 084x/087x numbers are charged at 5p per minute.

However, if currently you take it out the One Plan on SIM Only, the tethering cap is not (yet) present, the free 0800, 0808 and 0500 calls are not included, neither are the cheap 084x/087x calls.

I was on a SIM Only 12 month contract, that was due to expire in May 2014, but in Feb 2014, I took an offer from 3 of a 12 month extension to the contract.

It would start in May 2014 (at the end of my existing contract) and run for 12 months.

I get the unlimited data and unlimited tethering and pay £15 per month, which for me was a great deal.

I'm sure they'll try to persuade customers off of it at some point in the future, but I'll cross that bridge if/when I come to it.