Three way calling on iphone, and how it affects minutes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by srent5, Mar 5, 2008.

1. srent5 macrumors member

srent5

This may or may not have been described in other threads and i am sorry if this is a dumb question, but I was just wondering if when using three-way calling on the iphone are we using the actual minutes we talked or are the minutes doubled since there were two other lines on the other end. I am only wondering, because i have heard different things from different people, and I was wondering if anyone else knows. Thank You.

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I don't know for sure... But I can't imagine why they would only charge you once. youre call two people, and the phone companies are greedy.

3. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

I don't think it costs double, but call your phone provider and ask; they'll know for sure.

4. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I'm pretty sure you your minutes accumulate on both lines, so you would use two minutes of call time for each minute you talk with both lines connected ...

5. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

I just checked my (AT&T) bill and I'm 100% positive they charge you for each call. I had a four-way (me + 3) and it showed the minutes used for each of the people, so I presume that since it showed it on the bill, each call took away from my minutes.

6. Avant-Gard3 macrumors newbie

They do charge you for for each line you use. Lets be serious...no company would be that nice.

7. srent5 thread starter macrumors member

srent5

Thanks for all the quick replies, and since i was receiving a couple different responses I decided to call AT&T, and even their representative was unsure of what charges would be made, but non the less she researched and reassured that we are charged separate minutes per caller. Thanks again for all the replies.