Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macdent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
I have been watching the forum and other blogs regarding Air since it first was introduced. I have a G5 at home and have a G4 for office and travel. Love them both but wanted to upgrade the G4. The Air seemed the best for me. After months of reading all the horror stories about the Air, I put the purchase on hold. Now that v.2 is out I thought that would be the time to go for it - now to write the check!!
What I decided to do was find the best price I could on a v.1 and start there.
I have been THRILLED!!! No fan noise, sets flat, no bumps, the screen is wonderful (compared to the G4!) and no heat when watching movies. Now some of this may be from the G4 usage which when watching movies I would also use it for cooking dinner - but all in all, if any of you are waiting to buy now is the time! Do what I did if $$ is tight or go for the big one. I did the basic model, covers my needs for now, and gives me the opportunity to really try this thing out!
Thanks and good luck to all Air owners!!

Luvion

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2006
NL
Glad you're enyoing it. Can't wait for mine (rev 2, ssd). Will get it early next week :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.