Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Neebee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Originally, I heard Apple was replacing the battery, not questions asked...at least for the iPhone 6.

I imagine Apple should do testing, but even so, are they still replacing the battery without testing it? In my case, my battery is still ok, but it's health is declining fast. I know this because I am using iOS 11.3 beta 4.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Originally, I heard Apple was replacing the battery, not questions asked...at least for the iPhone 6.

I imagine Apple should do testing, but even so, are they still replacing the battery without testing it? In my case, my battery is still ok, but it's health is declining fast. I know this because I am using iOS 11.3 beta 4.
Set up an appointment and they'll either order a battery or replace it if they have one available. If you pay for it they'll do it whether it passes their tests or not

Neebee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Set up an appointment and they'll either order a battery or replace it if they have one available. If you pay for it they'll do it whether it passes their tests or not
I already have set up an appointment. I just want to be mentally prepared. If I have to pay for it, I'll wait a bit longer.

Some others have reported Apple isn't checking, but I think it's really a YMMV thing.

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2013

They will do the testing either way to show you whether the test says you need a new battery or not, although my guess is if you walk in and just want the battery replaced and want to bypass testing that very few of the employees are going to fight you on it. It is more of a keeping you informed and giving you options than anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.