Throttling is getting really annoying...

Csayno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2018
Any news on fixing this throttling? I have the new 15" Macbook Pros. Just facetiming or watching a movie gets the mac all worked up.

No bueno..

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Any news on fixing this throttling? I have the new 15" Macbook Pros. Just facetiming or watching a movie gets the mac all worked up.

No bueno..
What do you mean by “all worked up”? It gets hot? Stutters? CPU load high?

Csayno

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2018
What do you mean by “all worked up”? It gets hot? Stutters? CPU load high?
Yeah it just throttles really quick. For doing the most simplest things. It could possibly be that my house is so hot. Hawaii life.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Radeon Pro 555X

i7
That should have been fixed with the upgrade for the i9s. In your case, make sure the OS is up to date. Run intel power gadget next to whatever you are doing. That will tell you what's going on. It should throttle between 90-100 & settle around 85. If its a temp issue, run a program that controls the fan & keep the fan running high. I have to do that when I'm deployed to keep my MacBook alive in 130F temps. I left for work & left the thing running when a power outage occurred. Temps inside got around 160 at least. The MacBook was quite dead when I got back. I got a new video card under warranty, but the entire MacBook is going...Bad wifi, bad camera, bad video card. It's a pain. That's why I'm looking at the temps so much.