Through five Touches in the last month

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by -kritter-, Oct 8, 2007.

1. -kritter- macrumors regular

Mar 8, 2007
    Well after a week of waiting for my local BB to get more ipod touches instock, i went in to exchange my 16GB that had 7 stuck pixels, i went through 3 in the here are what problems those 3 had.

1st touch-backing and top bezel were very loose, and not flush with each other and you could squeeze the two pieces together, the chrome back aslo had a dent in the side, and the top black aluminum piece had notches in it...

2nd touch-crusty white substance underneath the glass top on top of the actuall screen, also specks of dust under the glass and resting on top of the screen...

3rd touch-Flawless besides one very large piece of something under the glass resting on top of the screen...

So after that i was not allowed to go through any more touches, so they gave me store credit on a Gift Card...and this whole experiece has turned me away from the touch, and i have decided to use the $400 to start saving up for a 24" imac...but yah it just amazed me that i have been through 5 faulty touches in the last month(the first being a 37th week with a faulty screen)... Quality Control anyone???

"just thought i would share me experience concerning the touch over this past month"
  2. chrismball macrumors newbie

Sep 23, 2007
    Just something we need to get used to with this company I guess. Every Apple product I've bought in the past 2 years has needed replacement/repair.

I assume Apple doesn't really care about the inconvenience this is to their customers - especially when when they're probably getting reimbursed by the manufacturers for faults in the products.
  3. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

Sep 14, 2007
    well you are either super picky or very unlucky. I have been through 4 myself but it was all due to screen issues. The QC problems u describe are unlike anything we have heard about in this forum to date.