Through five Touches in the last month

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by -kritter-, Oct 8, 2007.

1. -kritter- macrumors regular

-kritter-

Well after a week of waiting for my local BB to get more ipod touches instock, i went in to exchange my 16GB that had 7 stuck pixels, i went through 3 in the store...so here are what problems those 3 had.

1st touch-backing and top bezel were very loose, and not flush with each other and you could squeeze the two pieces together, the chrome back aslo had a dent in the side, and the top black aluminum piece had notches in it...

2nd touch-crusty white substance underneath the glass top on top of the actuall screen, also specks of dust under the glass and resting on top of the screen...

3rd touch-Flawless besides one very large piece of something under the glass resting on top of the screen...

So after that i was not allowed to go through any more touches, so they gave me store credit on a Gift Card...and this whole experiece has turned me away from the touch, and i have decided to use the $400 to start saving up for a 24" imac...but yah it just amazed me that i have been through 5 faulty touches in the last month(the first being a 37th week with a faulty screen)... Quality Control anyone???

"just thought i would share me experience concerning the touch over this past month"

2. chrismball macrumors newbie

Just something we need to get used to with this company I guess. Every Apple product I've bought in the past 2 years has needed replacement/repair.

I assume Apple doesn't really care about the inconvenience this is to their customers - especially when when they're probably getting reimbursed by the manufacturers for faults in the products.

3. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

well you are either super picky or very unlucky. I have been through 4 myself but it was all due to screen issues. The QC problems u describe are unlike anything we have heard about in this forum to date.