Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Throwboy, known for its range of pillows crafted to look like classic Apple devices, today announced its Iconic Pillow Collection 2, a new series of pillow designs.

throwboy-iconic-collection-2.jpg

Available on Kickstarter, the Iconic Collection 2 features five new pillows modeled after Apple devices that include the 1983 Apple Lisa, 1999 iBook G3, 2000 Power Mac G4 Cube, 2002 iMac G4, and 2003 Power Mac G5.

Throwboy said that the new designs are meant to celebrate some of the most "iconic, bold, swing-for-the-fences designs in computer history" that are still beloved by the tech community. Like Throwboy's other pillows, the new Iconic 2 pillows are made from a soft, plush material with intricate embroidery that makes them impossible to miss as Apple device clones.

throwboy-iconic-2-pillows-couch.jpg

The Iconic Pillow Collection 2 is priced starting at $27 for a single pillow, though that is a limited price that will go up when initial slots sell out. All five iconic pillows can be purchased starting at $135 to $195 with early bird backing options.

According to Throwboy, these pillows will ship out to customers in May 2022. The new collection will join the existing collection that includes pillows modeled after the iPod, iPhone, iMac G3, and more.

Article Link: Throwboy Launches New Apple-Themed Pillows Modeled After iBook G3, iMac G4, Apple Lisa and More

Last edited:
Reactions: RandomDSdevel

ronntaylor

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2004
Flushing, New York
I admire this company. The founder turned a passion into a business that's still going strong more than a dozen years later. I may actually buy one of the pillows for a family member.

Reactions: RalfTheDog

GMShadow

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2021
iBook G5. Can't decide if that's sarcasm, irony or sloppy writing.

Perhaps both? :D

iBook G5 prototype?

Alas I don't think one's ever been found. There is at least one confirmed PowerBook G5 prototype design, but the guts were removed and replaced with a dual 1.5GHz G4 design at some point before the system was discarded (and later made its way into the hands of a collector).

Reactions: NewUsername

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
What would happen if Throwboy was acquired by My Pillow? A present day replay of smallpox blankets? Widespread sickness among Mac users who love snugglemorphism?

Ion-X

Cancelled
Oct 23, 2017
What would happen if Throwboy was acquired by My Pillow? A present day replay of smallpox blankets? Widespread sickness among Mac users who love snugglemorphism?
Imagine if APPLE was acquired by MyPillow. All vaccinated employees—including Tim Cook—would be fired and masks would be prohibited at Apple Stores!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.