Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Throwboy, known for its pillows and blankets that look like classic Apple products, this week debuted a new series of t-shirts that may interest Apple fans.

command-shirt-apple.jpg

Available in both women's sizes and men's sizes, there are several Apple product-themed design options to choose from like the iconic Apple time 9:41, or the design of the Command key.

throwboy-t-shirts.jpg

There's a rainbow design that lists Apple's most important products like the Macintosh, iMac, iPod, and iPhone, along with a "1984" design that harkens back to the classic Apple ad and a "Think Different (Again)" t-shirt.

Each shirt is priced at $32.99 and can be purchased from the Throwboy website.

Article Link: Throwboy Launches New Collection of Apple Themed T-Shirts

Last edited:

ArPe

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2020
Most people won’t understand 9:41 and 1984. They’ll think the Command sign is a logo for some shoe company. They’ll think that list of products is goofy because Apple II is a separate line that Jobs hated.

w5jck

Suspended
Nov 9, 2013
I am undecided: should the AW be on the shirt? It's a full fledged computer, yet it's also an accessory.
What about the 1990s Newton and all the various Mac models and lines (for business, home, and education) they had back then? Don’t forget the Apple III or the Lisa either, nor the line of digital cameras marketed as Apple but made by Canon, who also made the line of Apple dot matrix printers. There is a lot more to Apple than just Steve Jobs.

iamgalt

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
How can they not include watch bands on the shirt of important Apple products? :p

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
What about the 1990s Newton and all the various Mac models and lines (for business, home, and education) they had back then? Don’t forget the Apple III or the Lisa either, nor the line of digital cameras marketed as Apple but made by Canon, who also made the line of Apple dot matrix printers. There is a lot more to Apple than just Steve Jobs.
I would say that those were not major sellers, if not outright failures. The list seems to be only about big products (hence no Apple I).
However, I'd add be ok with adding the Lisa...

Reactions: andybno1

mansplains

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2021
I think I will stick to official t-shirts from the Apple visitor center.
I wish Apple sold them online too. I went to Apple Park when I lived in TN and thankfully had other reasons to be in the area. But even then one of the shirts is a 4cm x 4cm classic rainbow logo for $40. More than what these shirts cost and not really anything more to offer from design.

Edit: They also sell baseball caps in one color with a 1cm x 1cm Apple logo in the same background color above your ear for $35. I get not wanting to be in your face but for a company that files cease and desist for logos that don't look close at all it's weird.

mansplains

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2021
$33 is almost worth it for the 9:41 shirt so I can wear it correctly 2mins a day. But I use military time so a minute is knocked off and lacking a preceding zero is weak.

Reactions: SuperCachetes
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.