Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Throwboy, known for its line of pillows modeled after classic Apple devices, recently launched a new series of Mac-themed throw blankets.

1984-throw-blanket.jpg

The 1984 Throw Blanket is modeled after the first Macintosh that Apple released in 1984. Made from beige fabric that accurately matches the color of the original Macintosh, it features a black screen, a disk drive, and a rainbow logo.

1984-throw-blanket-2.jpg

With all of the details included, it is unmistakable as a classic Macintosh, making it a fun addition to any Apple fan's room. To go along with the 1984 blanket, Throwboy also has the Icon Throw Blanket, modeled after the original Mac Finder icon with a two-tone design and a smile.

icon-throw-blanket.jpg

There's also a cassette tape blanket that looks like a vintage cassette tape, but that one isn't Mac related.

icon-blanket.jpg

Each throw blanket from Throwboy is priced at $46.99 and measures in at 50 inches by 60 inches. They're made from 100 percent polyester sherpa fleece with a print on one side and plush fabric on the back.

icon-throw-blanket-1.jpg

The Icon and 1984 Throw Blankets can be purchased from the Throwboy website.

Article Link: Throwboy Offers Blankets Modeled After Classic Macintosh and Finder Icon

Reactions: RandomDSdevel

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
I'm confused. Are these licensed products or not? If so, why are they not using the Apple logo? If they're not licensed, then surely using the Finder icon is copyright infringement.

Reactions: Somian and japanime

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I thought at first the Finder Icon blanket looked good, but it really looks more like a towel. Maybe that's the direction they should have gone.

• Wow
Reactions: PinkyMacGodess

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I'm confused. Are these licensed products or not? If so, why are they not using the Apple logo? If they're not licensed, then surely using the Finder icon is copyright infringement.
I don't think they are. Product names and description carefully avoid using Apple's trademarks. But according to my Apple employee friends, they love these products.

InGen

Suspended
Jun 22, 2020
Damn $45 USD shipping to Aus :((((
Australia post have a post-forwarding office in the US for Aussies, check and see if it’s cheaper through them

Deliro

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2011

If Apple catches wind of it, they’re doomed. They claim all rights to logos that have fruit and leaves.

ArPe

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2020
Waiting for the aluminum G5 theme so my bed can run hot and come with liquid cooled metal bed sheets.

Ken88

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2020
a die-hard fan must have and it’s actually affordable. With cold weather across USA going on it’s must be hot item. Where I live, Bay Area, it’s never really get that cold like Minnesota so I will pass.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.