Thrown into the App Store

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mentaluproar, Oct 10, 2014.

1. mentaluproar macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

Weren't we told iOS 8 would prevent us from being thrown into the App Store? Think about all those times you were thrown toward candy crush.

I've found yet another page that throws me into the app store. I post this link only to demonstrate the hijacking behavior. DO NOT try this on a computer. It may forward to a malware site.

http://jaxfilmfest.com/GNEjwNWDfW4/Cat-kills-Squirrel

2. blugel macrumors member

I thought this behavior was supposed to be stopped, too, and yet found an ad throwing me into the app store last night.

Looked everywhere for a setting to enable this 'feature', but I guess it's supposed to just be...but doesn't seem to work (imagine that with ios8)...

3. mentaluproar thread starter macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

My router is set to block malware domains and it does catch some of these, giving me a warning, but what does get through is really creepy. Safari just goes into autopilot, opening and closing pages, until finally landing in the App Store.

4. TheWelshBoyo macrumors 6502

I have exactly the same problem.
    I was being sent to those shitware "games" in the App Store while browsing.
    I'm very disappointed, but not entirely surprised that this hasn't been fixed.

5. mentaluproar thread starter macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

I submit this report to apple under enhancement. I couldn't find a security selection in the feedback section.