Thule Atmos X3 iPhone 6 Case Review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sbbrown333, Oct 24, 2014.

1. sbbrown333 macrumors member

Picked up the Thule Atmos X3 case for iPhone 6 today at Best Buy after trying both Apple cases and the Tech 21 Evo Mesh. This is by far the best slim case for the iPhone 6 IMO. It fits great and the phone doesn't move around. The back is a great material that doesn't scratch up like the Speck Candyshell. The case is $40 and comes in a few different colors on the Thule website. The lip on the case is very low compared to some others and doesn't get in the way of any swipe gestures in Safari. My only complaint about the case is once it's on the phone its a pain to get it off. Just wanted to leave my review if anyone else is thinking about getting the Thule case or just a really protective and slim case for the iPhone 6.

2. R-ue macrumors member

Thanks for the quick review. Would love to see some pics if you can! Cheers.

3. sbbrown333 thread starter macrumors member

I'll try to post some pics tonight if I get a chance. Thanks.

4. krick macrumors regular

I agree that it's a really nice case but it is not a slim case.

5. sbbrown333 thread starter macrumors member

It's very protective and still compact. Maybe not slim in the sense that it barely covers the phone. The design feels thinner than it looks. Here's my favorite review sites 'review of the case as well for more details. http://youtu.be/HDhnFbMIwDc

6. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I like the look of that case, but I'm not seeing it for the 6 Plus on the Best Buy site. 6 Plus owners are really getting shafted when it comes to cases.

I can see the 6 Plus case on the Thule site, guess we'll just have to wait until it's available in stores.

7. sbbrown333 thread starter macrumors member

I agree. I haven't seen a lot of good options for 6 Plus Owners.

8. acm1108 macrumors regular

9. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Love that Mobile Reviews Eh guy's reviews! He's very entertaining to watch and his reviews are very detailed and seem spot on. I can't wait for the iPhone 6 Plus version to be available.

----------

You can order the 6 Plus version at REI.com, but it is backordered. I ordered one and it is supposed to get to me by 11/15...

10. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

11. sbbrown333 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, I haven't been home at the same time as my wife to use her iPhone 6 to take pictures. Here's a better link to the youtube review I posted earlier. This site does a great job of reviewing iPhone cases with real usage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDhnFbMIwDc

12. AE14 macrumors 65816

Thinking of picking this up for my 6 plus as the online reviews seem quite positive. N

13. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Thule Atmos X3 for 6Plus now available at Best Buy!

14. AE14 macrumors 65816

Just picked up the black for my 6 plus

Couple of thoughts
    - very grippy. This is definitely a no slip case
    - exceptionally thin and actually noticeably thinner than the UAG
    - buttons are very responsive
    - personal taste: love the small camera hole. The ugly antennas lines are not viewable
    - like the UAG, ugly shiny silver company branding although much smaller on the Thule
    - bows out in the middle which is strange.

Overall for $40 not bad. Thinnest protective case I have seen yet. Not sure if this is my go to but it is far better than I thought.

15. AE14 macrumors 65816

A couple of hours later and the bowing out in middle is a nuisance. Makes it awkward to hold and I have large hands. Might go back to my pelican and/NGP

16. w4rmk macrumors regular

w4rmk

Thule Atmos X3 Video Review

I picked up 2 of the Thule Atmos X3 cases at Best Buy this morning. One of them for my wife's iPhone 6 and one for my iPhone 6 plus. I decided to create a video review of them. Link is below. Hope this is helpful to those who are considering getting these cases:

http://youtu.be/25qJpSJ-c4A

17. iMerik, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014

iMerik macrumors 6502

Can anyone confirm if the slightly larger Amazon Basics lightning cable will fit the Thule hole?

Edit: Just watched w4rmk's YouTube review and he shows that the Amazon Basics cable won't fit. Damn.

Edit 2: Mobile Reviews Eh says "Cutout at the bottom of the Thule Atmos X3 allow for slightly larger lightning cables and slightly larger headphones." The Amazon Basics cable seems only slightly larger to me, so I'm surprised it wouldn't fit for w4rmk.