Thule sleeve?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by LadyTas, Apr 2, 2011.

1. LadyTas macrumors newbie

I just received my 15" MBP and now I need some protection for it. I would prefer something that doesn't scratch the outside and will protect the computer while traveling. I don't want a backpack/bag just for the computer. I will probably end up sticking the computer in some type of protective case, then putting it in various bags depending what I am doing. Has anybody tried the Thule sleeve, http://store.apple.com/us/product/H3423LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MjAzNDE3NDk&s=topSellers ?

Do you have other suggestions?

2. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Check out Marware. They make some really nice sleeves, some with compartments as well.

3. Newbe macrumors member

Thule Sleeve

Sleeves simply reduce scratching. Many people purchase sleeves, but to protect your MacBook Pro get yourself a good bag instead. In reality, a sleeve represents money for cosmetics. They don't do anything for your computer, at best they merely provide protection to keep your MacBook Pro looking good. Remember your MBP is merely a tool for for your work and/or for your personal enjoyment. Although the MacBook Pro looks simple and smart is not fine jewelry. It is a bottom line is you want a sleeve, but the question to ask yourself is whether you really need a sleeve.