Thule Sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jj97101, Jul 25, 2012.

1. jj97101, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012

jj97101 macrumors member

So am going to buy a MacBook Air 13 inch and I was thinking about the Thule case, it seems very robust and sleek, I did originally want a leather sleeve but the only one on the apple store I didn't like the design of and the others are hard to get where I live, the Thule is on the apple store and it seems well designed and safe for my Air. Anyone have one? What are your thoughts about it? I know there is a thread about bags/cases but frankly I don't have enough time to trawl all the way through it.
    Thanks in advance.
    JJ

2. jj97101 thread starter macrumors member

Anyone?
    Would be nice if anyone could review this.

3. apptel macrumors newbie

I got the thule sleeve for my mbp 13, the sleeve itself is very robust and rigid, but the zippers are not so good, mine startet to come of after a couple of months, and one of them are stuck already, tried to contact thule about it, but i didn´t get any reply...
    But i suppose if you take good care of the zippers and don´t stress around like i do its a pretty good sleeve/case...

Hope this helps.

4. Ahmahzahn macrumors member

I just bought my sleeve last night from the local apple store. I was leaning toward the Thule until I saw the Acme made sleeve. A little cheaper, felt nicer in the hand and looked nicer too. Any sleeve isn't going to offer that much impact protection, but this will prevent scratches just as well as the Thule will.

5. snow blind macrumors regular

I will NEVER buy another sleeve with zippers personally. My old MBP was scratched to hell overtime from sliding it into a neoprene zippered sleeve. The metal (or probably even plastic) teeth of the zipper WILL scratch no matter how careful you are... only a matter of time. Id go with something that has another closure method. I'm partial to the Hard Graft wool line.
    [​IMG]

6. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I've got a Level8 zipper sleeve, from the apple store. It's tough to describe, but it has this inner lip that goes over and around the MBA easily which keeps it snug and protected from the actual zipper.

I do not ever think about it, but I don't think the zipper has ever touched the MBA on this case.

7. jj97101 thread starter macrumors member

The Thule sleeve for the MacBook air has Velcro rather than a zipper. Saw some reviews about the Velcro falling off though, anyone else had this problem?

8. Hawkeye16 macrumors regular

Those hard graft wool sleeves look real sleek! I personally use RadTech Sleeve though. No closure and no drop protection but protects the outside really well without adding hardly any thickness. I have them for both my MBA and iPad. Also had one for my MBP for 6 years.

9. bradPiano macrumors member

I already have a bag I expect will work fine for carrying the new 13" air I ordered, but I was looking for a nice sleeve that would house the machine more snugly and frequently when not in use, so I ended up going with the Waterfield MacBook Smart Case.

It shipped very quickly (around 2 days), and I'm quite happy with the build quality. The only problem now is that I have to wait until early next week for the actual laptop to arrive to put in it! :)

10. GREEN4U macrumors 6502a

I saw the Thule case at the Apple Store. I hated it. It reminded me of the clipboards that contractors use. FWIW, I don't recommend buying any cases at the Apple Store. Lately their selection sucks.

You guys should just get the incase sleeve. The 11" version is on sale at amazon for $18.99. It's an amazing deal:

http://www.amazon.com/Incase-Neoprene-Sleeve-Macbook-11-Inch/dp/B004J19IPE

I was fortunate enough to grab this deal for my 13" a few days ago, but it's no longer $18.99. It actually delivers today so I'll post pics of it in the Cases/Sleeve/Bags thread when I receive it. :D

11. crose01 macrumors newbie

crose01

I got the Thule sleeve for my 11" MBA and it's great. The Velcro is secure and the sleeve protects the MBA very well. I'm very pleased with it and I have BookBook covers for most of my other devices as well.