Thumb Print

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AFPoster, Jul 15, 2008.

1. AFPoster macrumors 65816

So my buddy got a Palm cell phone and on it he can lock his phone and when he wants to unlock it he can place his thumb over it and it scans his one of a kind, unique print and unlocks it. Does Apple offer this even as an App, even if not to unlock and lock the phone just to have an App that does it?

2. mbaran macrumors regular

i call bs. there isnt nearly enough resolution in the SINGLE touch palm screen to pick up a finger print.

I had an IPaq that had a special finger print reader, that was on the lower side of the device.. but not part of the screen.

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Our touch screens cannot support that type of technology currently.

4. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

How could it be b/s if I am asking a question. He showed it to me today at PT it was ***** cool. He was like put ur thumb on my screen, it scanned my thumb showed my print and said "DENIED" then he did it same thing then it said "ACCEPTED". Simple enough, not bull no need to lie just curious if Apple had it on the iPhone. simply put

5. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Palms do NOT have this functionality.

What I do know, however, is that they have a lot of fun applications you can install. One of these is a fake biometric fingerprint scanner.

When he did yours, you placed your thumb and were denied. When he did his own, he was pressing another button on his palm that allowed his "fingerprint" to be accepted.

It's a fun trick, and it seems you have claimed another victim in you! :D

6. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

Ahh haha, yes that might be it and by might be it probably is. Do you know if you can download this fun App on the iPhone? Or if the App Store has a similar one?

7. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I don't know of one on the App Store, but I do remember having it for one of my old Palm PDA's. God that program was fun. I'm glad it's still being used, and to much success.:cool:

8. sjsharks13 macrumors regular

ahahaha it is bs...it is an online app...the first time your put your thumb down it says denied then another person puts their thumb down and it accepts it...its a stupid online app.

9. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

Are you dumb? It's ok if you are. Obviously we proved that their is an App that does Thumb Prints for Palms, as the above person stated he had it. Secondly if you read some more post's up you have to hold down a button to make it Accept, not the 2nd person.
    Now I know I am smarter than you, so if you would please go back to elementary school I will proceed in life without your nonsense.

10. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

To be sure, I haven't used it for a long time so it might have been changed to what he was saying. That still doesn't make up for the fact that the question was already answered.

11. slapppy macrumors 65816

Maybe someone can make one that scans peoples asses and approves or disapproves? :p

12. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

What are you? Like 12? Seriously, wow ok announce it loud and proud then, HAY EVERYONE THIS GUY RIGHT HERE IS SMARTER THAN SOME UNKNOWN GUY ON THE INTERNET AND ONLY NOW DOES HE KNOW IT!!!!!!!
    :rolleyes:

13. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

Since a lot of you doubted me iPhone does have an App it's called "Finger Scan" for 2.99. Case closed

14. chinl macrumors member

I assume you read the description where it said.

15. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

yes yes I did, but it was the fact that no one said there was one, and it was found. I am sure people knew just no one mentioned it.

16. chinl macrumors member

The problem is your claim that it could actually identify his unique thumbprint -- that it cannot do. Neither the Palm or iPhone touch screens support anywhere near the resolution for that type of identification.

17. bubbagumpshrimp macrumors 6502

LOL! this was a fun thread to read.

18. Samwise592 macrumors regular

HAHAHAHAHA i love this.

Back in the day i had an old B&W palm PDA, there was this thumb scanner app that would just deny the first person to use it, and accept the second, creating the illusion that it was an actual finger print scanner.

I fooled so many of my 14 year-old friends with it.

Legacy palm apps FTW

19. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You're calling us idiots and believed that this was a real app? Good luck in the future sir, I see you owning ocean view property in Nevada soon.

20. bobo99 macrumors newbie

Lol @ this kid trying to act smart when he can't even use correct grammar. Face it buddy, you got tricked by your friend and you're trying to play it off like you knew about it all along.

you = fail.

21. AFPoster thread starter macrumors 65816

All I am saying is he showed the App to us at work, I thought it was cool, and I was curious if the iPhone had an App like it. That's simply it. All I cared about, other than that I will enjoy my ocean view property in Nevada thanks, and yes that was a blatant act of playing dumb.

22. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Well you certainly fooled us!

23. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

AF: Now you're going back on what you originally said. You thought it actually scanned your unique fingerprint, so don't go back on this. Don't feel bad, I used to do this stuff all of the time on my friends, but there's no need to go back and revise what you said to make yourself look any better. You were fooled, and that's that. It's not a big deal. :)