Thumbnail/Icon Sizes/Text Defaults?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Identity Fraud, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Identity Fraud macrumors 6502

So I know that I can load finder and go to 'Show View Options' (found an older thread that showed me how) and change the icon size for the desktop or the folder of my choice. However how can I make it universal across all folders rather than setting each folder by itself?

Also, in Safari I find I hit the zoom in button once or twice to make it readable (I have the high res screen) but I want to make that level of zoom default whenever I load Safari.

2. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

For the icon size, try this, open a Finder window, select your HD in the Sidebar, go the the View menu, scroll down and select as Icons. Go back to the View menu, scroll down and select Show View Options, make sure the radio button next to All windows is selected, set your new Icon size. Close the View Options window. I think this will change it for all Finder windows. Note that I'm using OS X 10.4.11 Tiger and the above instructions are based on that, it may be slightly different if you're using a newer version of OS X.

To change the default font size in Safari, launch Safari, go to the the Safari menu scroll down to Preferences..., go to the Appearance tab, set your default fonts to a larger size, close preferences, enjoy. Be aware that web sites can override the defaults if they choose so this may not work for all sites.