Thumbs up for Booq Vyper case!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MikeyJ57, Jun 4, 2010.

1. MikeyJ57 macrumors member

Hi all,
    I received my Booq Vyper XS3 MBP 13" case yesterday. I purchased it from Semsons.com for $45. They're in California and I'm in New York. I ordered it on May 31st (they were probably closed because of the Memorial Day holiday). I got a shipping notice on June 1st and I received it on June 3rd!!! It was sent USPS priority mail. Shipping was $8. Not bad! Total price: $53.

The case is what I hoped it would be. It's a bit larger (thicker) than the InCase Plus I was replacing, but not that much bigger! I bought the InCase at an Apple Store and with tax paid about $44. The Booq has soft padding inside, the zipper does not touch the MBP, and the best part is that it provides more protection than the InCase. It's "harder", for lack of a better term. You can zip it open, and push the top back and use the MBP without having to remove it from the case. I'm not sure if that's a good idea because of heating issues, but I'll take a closer look at that in the coming days. It's very well made and looks like it will last much longer than the InCase. The only downside is that it doesn't have a handle, but neither did the InCase. I knew that up front and if I wanted something with a handle I would have purchased a different case. So all in all, I give a thumbs up to the Booq and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good protective case for their MBP. The InCase is okay - both my daughters use them - but I wanted something that would provide a bit more protection to my MBP. And Semsons shipping is QUICK!!!

2. baloonazar macrumors newbie

X2 on that i ordered mine from bedox on nov 15 and its supposed to be here on nov 18. from what i read and hear this is supposed to be like one of the best cases. and for just $20 more than incase but 3x the protection.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The booq Vyper is the best protection I've ever seen in a notebook sleeve. I once dropped my MBP down a flight of wooden stairs, protected only by the Vyper. Not a dent, not a scratch, zero damage.