Thumbs up to Apple Repairs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by squeeks, Jan 22, 2009.

1. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

Just got my MBP back from the houston service center

i dropped it off saturday night, it left here monday morning, they got it tuesday serviced it, and shiped it back out wednesday evening and i got it thrusday morning, not bad...

The service it received was wonderful, i have an after market HD in it as well as 4gb of after market ram, which i didnt have the OEM ram to stick back in

they not only replaced the logic board with the faulty nvidia GPU they also replaced my defective 4gb of after market ram with brand new 2x2gb samsung sticks

they also left my 250gb harddrive in place and with the same OSX install

i must have been lucky and gotten a really nice service tech

the machine also arrived with no noticable scratches from service

so overall i am quite please with the quality of and speed of apple repair service, ive had the machine for a year and a half this was the first needed repair and it went excellent <3 :apple:

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Congrats; I might start requesting my Macs go to the same Houston Service Center...:p

3. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

Texas Service Center is where they scratched my MBP. I'm in the process of getting mine replaced... I guess it really depends on who works on your MBP

4. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Flextronics Apple Service Center in Tennessee destroyed my iBook...nice to hear that you got a good repair!

5. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

I'm surprised they were okay with your after-market parts. Under the agreement they're able to refuse service and void your AppleCare agreement o_O. That's really awesome.

You have a unibody or previous generation MBP? If previous generation, that's amazing, especially since the HDD is not considered user-replaceable.

6. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

yeah I have a first generation core 2 duo mbp I bought it June of 07 day after iPhone came out and I have no apple care, didn't think I would keep the machine that long, so it was only being repaired under the extended gpu warranty. The genius told me I had three possibilities based on the replaced hd they would with repair it, repair it and put the default HD back or refuse service all together I was lucky I got option number 1 so that's very cool I consider my self quite fortunate.

7. TraustiB macrumors member

Sent in an iMac core duo, the first ones, 20" for repair at 12. It had a faulty hard drive, got it back 4 hours later, with a 500gb drive instead of the 250gb one that was standard, free of charge.

Awesome service, was through the 5th avenue store in New York.