Thumbs up to Apple Support!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by parker770, Jul 24, 2010.

1. parker770 macrumors member

I bought my IP4 the weekend of the launch, and I have really been satisfied with it for the most part.

Granted, I was able to duplicate the death grip signal attenuation at will, but it seems like they are all affected by this. After I got a case for it, there was no further signal problems.

I have, however, had lots of problems with the proximity sensor, which results in me hanging up on people at least once a day. It seems to be a common issue, but I have also read that many IP4s don't have the problem. I read stories of some people getting them replaced, and not having the problem on the new phone. I also read that some people had trouble getting Apple to replace the phone since it is a "software issue."

So my hopes weren't too high when I contacted Apple about the issue, but I was pleasantly surprised. The support reps were extremely friendly, and offered to replace the phone immediately, no questions asked. Additionally, since I live in the middle of nowhere without an Apple Store within 120 miles, they offered to overnight it to me free of charge!

I am optimistic that I will get a more recent build date phone, and hopefully not have any issues with the proximity sensor.

If anyone has problems with their proximity sensor, just contact Apple and get it replaced without hassle!

2. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I know.

What other manufacturer will give you this kind of service? Non.

3. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

Wot? A post where someone says that Apple did something right? Call the Guinness' Book of World Records!;)

4. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I've had nothing but exemplary service from Apple tech support. They are the shining stars of the company.

I give them a lot of credit for the heat they take due to faulty designs being rushed to market like the iPhone 4.

Apple panicked when their intelligence warned them of the wave of Android launches. The iPhone 4 was not ready, fearing the worst Apple made a horrible mistake. Instead of taking their time (like they are with the white iP4) they shoved the bug ridden, half baked iP4 out the door. It's no wonder Apple themselves created this firestorm of public backlash.

Then, the CEO himself poured fuel on the fire. Surrounded by yes men he tells the world how it's going to be. Then spins it as "Magical & Revolutionary". The followers bow down, open their wallets, and then brag about the massive "sales volume".

Sitting in his tower high above Jobs admires his influence, counts his cash, and has thee last laugh.

5. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Too late...this was supposed to be a feel good thread, ah blast!:(

6. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

:(:(:(
    Yeah, what a buzz kill, man!

7. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Every time I have needed to use Apple Tech Support for whatever reason they have done extremely well by me. The support I have received by them warrants the support they get from me.

Don't get me wrong, if they do wrong by me I will let people know about it but so far that has not been the case.

8. ddavid macrumors regular

I didn't think "those people" got up this early! Damn!

What a Cooler!
    (obscure William H. Macy reference)

9. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

Whenever one gets an advanced replacement from apple they overnight it.

10. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Tis from Wild Hogs?