Thunder bolt drive

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by LEVENDIZ, Mar 1, 2013.

1. LEVENDIZ macrumors member

I'm after a thunderbolt drive. It will be used to store video/photos from my GOPRO/Camera until i get home and move them to my other computer.

What external thunderbolt drives do you recommend? Something portable would be great!

2. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I have a bunch of Seagate GoFlex drives. I like being able change the interface depending upon which computer I am using at the time. For example... my wife's 2009 iMac only has FW800 as its most performant interface, while mine has Thunderbolt. With GoFlex... I can use the same drive on both computers using the fastest interface available.

BTW: Thunderbolt is spectacular overall. One issue that you may not like is that the Seagate Thunderbolt adapter is quite a bit larger than the USB 2.0, USB 3.0, and FW800 adapters... so you may not want to use USB 3.0 when traveling.

/Jim

3. Giuly, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013
  4. g4cube macrumors 6502a

The LaCie Rugged comes in several SSD configs, and has both USB 3.0 as well as Thunderbolt ports.

This will let you connect the drive to almost any Mac.

5. mario24601 macrumors regular

I tried few solutions and went with Seagate for this exact reason. And being able to have few drives to expand or different projects is a big plus down the road. For desktop TB adapter I get about 180 read and write, not too shabby for good old spinning drive. And if you want 300+ throw a ssd on it :)