Thunder Over Louisville anyone?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Bobdude161, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Anyone going? I know it's a long shot but there might be one other person in this forum that's going too.

Don't know what the **** I'm talking about? Details

The thing that really ticks me off is that they will not allow anymore overnight camping for getting a great spot right in the front. Once again safety comes first and the city council has decided to make the expereince less fun.

[​IMG]

2. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

I'm a Louisville resident, but I'm not going. I went once, back in the mid-90s, and spent at least half my time keeping an eye out for pickpockets.

That, and the traffic back home was beyond horrendous.

If I wanna see fireworks, I'll turn on a screensaver. :p

3. Bobdude161 thread starter macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Ah but that's half the fun! Standing in traffic., talking it up with adjacent motorists. Blasting your favorite music to annoy the ones who just want to get home (like yourself ;) )

Mid-90's, huh? Was that when they had on the river for the first time? I remember that as a wee child.

4. zhensley macrumors member

it was great...

Wasn't yesterday great? Beautiful weather. Beautiful airplanes. Beautiful technology. Beautiful fireworks. And some beautiful people. Doesn't get much better!

5. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

I haven't been since my Senior year of high school: 2001. And that was the first and last time I'll ever go. It's too much white trash, too much crappy food, too much pollution, and too much of a waste of time.

That being said, the HD broadcast on Fox 41 was fantastic! My good friend is a Producer and worked from 8:30am to Midnight. She spent the whole time in the $3 million HD truck they rented to do the broadcast.