Thunderbird accounts to iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djsound, Apr 6, 2011.

1. djsound macrumors 6502a

djsound

So when I used Mail.app you could just sync from itunes and the 5 email accounts I had in Mail showed up on my iphone...I got rid of Mail for Thunderbird because I think it has better features now I go to email in my iphone and there are no accounts. Is there anyway to sync my accounts from Thunderbird onto my iphone??

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Mail and Thunderbird are just applications, you need to get the incoming/outgoing servers for your mail, then just set it up on your phone.

3. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

Ya but I deleted the accounts from Mail and since that syncs to my iphone it deleted them from the phone too. I thought Thunderbird would sync the accounts to my phone but it doesn't. Now I have to set them up manually in my phone...

4. patp Guest

Ya know, I use gmail and that ish practically sets itself up. Just sayin.
    :)

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Hahaha, right? I'm also curious that there's been multiple threads asking pretty much the same question about this in the last day or so...

6. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

What does Gmail have to do with it? I Use hotmail....Thunderbird actually sets up any kind of email account up on it own.....very very easy. That is not what I am asking though.....If syncing to Mail i dont have to manually setup the accounts on my iphone ...but Thunderbird doesnt sync to iphone..

7. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I haven't done it with hotmail specifically, but as long as you setup the server on your phone as an IMAP server, and Thunderbird is set up the same way, they will remain synced.