Thunderbird or Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sdahe, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

I've been using thunderbird for a long time but since I change to Mac, my friends keep telling me to change to mail... my question base on your experience...

Is it better mail than thunderbird?

If I decide to change to mail... can I import all my emails to mail... from thunderbird?

Thanks guys

2. cohibadad macrumors 6502a

cohibadad

I love mail. It handles my bloated mail box perfectly. I use imap on multiple computers so they all stay synced. Don't know about importing from Thunderbird because I've been satisfied with Mail for years.

3. Freyqq macrumors 68040

same here originally. I used thunderbird b\c its what i had used before on pc and stuck with it. Honestly after using both..mail is the best e-mail program i have ever used. Give it a try.

Idk..i made the mailboxes again by scratch so idk if you can import..but honestly its pretty easy to set up. much easier than thunderbird btw..

4. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

That's what happened to me... I came from using thunderbird for a long time and I feel stuck with it. I will give it a try

5. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

and what about FireFox and Safari?... which one works best for you?

6. Tonerl Guest

I've used Thunderbird since it came out (Windows, Linux, and (initially) OS X). Now, I use Mail: it's simpler but works very well, IMHO. For a long time, I've copied important e-mails to my correspondence folders (for security); Mail saves in RTF, which suits me much better than Thunderbird's EML format.

I've tried Safari numerous times. It's fast and, apart from the occasional website that uses non-standard code, it works well. Unfortunately, the add-blocking facilities available are not nearly as good as on Firefox; so, I use Fx2 as my default browser and will probably move to Fx3 when it becomes available (it's in beta now & garnering good reports).

HTH

7. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I used thunderbird for a hot second, but then quickly switched back to Mail. I like to give every piece of software a try, but found that Mail suited me best. It also interacted with the majority of Mac applications better than Mail did.

I like to download Thunderbird/Firefox and have them as backups just in case. The real front-runners for me are Safari and Mail though.

:apple: all the way!