Thunderbird To Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sarbob, Jun 25, 2009.

1. sarbob macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am trying to switch my email program from Thunderbird to the mac email program Mail.

Thunderbird has been playing up a lot recently and am tired of the glitches.

I have all the correct server settings etc and succesfully imported my mailboxes. The problem is that when I send an email it isn't from the right email address?? Is this a Mail problem or smth to do with my settings? I'm with Virgin media and have a separate set of email address through my website for my business so my email address are through freeola that I am using through Thunderbird.

I'm sorry if this all sounds very stupid but I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out where I have gone wrong!

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

In Mail, Go to Preferences->Accounts->Account Information

There if a box marked Email Addresses. In that box should be any address you want to send mail from that account from. You can have more than one address in the box (separated by commas).

When you send a message you should have a drop down box that will allow you to choose the sending address.

3. AlxBeta macrumors newbie

Problem

Hey

I have a problem where I can receive emails, but I can't send emails!!!
    it gives me an error window that says:

sending of message failed.
    The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP server mail.example.com failed. The server may be unavailable or is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your SMTP server settings is correct.

Now I had this problem before with the regular mail account, and the only problem was that I didn't set the password. But I don't see in thunderbird where to put my password, and I think that's my problem.... anyone knows where it is on the settings....