Thunderbolt 1 to USB 2/3 Plus more?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rwh63, Sep 19, 2018.

1. rwh63 macrumors member

My early 2011 Macbook Pro has two USB 2 ports that are very flaky. i believe the only other port i can utilize is the minidisplayport/thunderbolt 1 opening. i am trying to locate the right adapter or hub that will allow me to at least plug in USB 2 cables, preferably multiples at once. a hub might be preferred, one that includes thunderbolt, ethernet, firewire, etc.

any advice is appreciated!

2. Rockadile macrumors 6502

Caldigit TS2 dock is the one I have. There are docks from OWC and Elgato also. The OWC one has a firewire port.

3. rwh63 thread starter macrumors member

4. matreya macrumors 65816

matreya

5. rwh63 thread starter macrumors member

i have seen these hubs. i'm actually hoping to find something that does not need a separate power supply; ideally a plug-in with a couple of usb 2/3 female ends.

6. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

This + a usb 3 hub?
    https://www.kanex.com/thunderbolt-esata

7. Rockadile macrumors 6502

Yes, these are full fledged docks so many people will connect external drives and charge peripherals so there's power supply for reliable energy. I haven't seen a mini hub with firewire so I only listed the big ones.

8. rwh63 thread starter macrumors member

i know about the kana option, though it only has a single usb. seems like there is very little thunderbolt 1/2 to usb options in existence. hate the thought of having to daisy chain several adapters together to get what i need.