Thunderbolt 1 to USB 2/3 Plus more?

rwh63

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
My early 2011 Macbook Pro has two USB 2 ports that are very flaky. i believe the only other port i can utilize is the minidisplayport/thunderbolt 1 opening. i am trying to locate the right adapter or hub that will allow me to at least plug in USB 2 cables, preferably multiples at once. a hub might be preferred, one that includes thunderbolt, ethernet, firewire, etc.

any advice is appreciated!

Rockadile

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
My early 2011 Macbook Pro has two USB 2 ports that are very flaky. i believe the only other port i can utilize is the minidisplayport/thunderbolt 1 opening. i am trying to locate the right adapter or hub that will allow me to at least plug in USB 2 cables, preferably multiples at once. a hub might be preferred, one that includes thunderbolt, ethernet, firewire, etc.

any advice is appreciated!
Caldigit TS2 dock is the one I have. There are docks from OWC and Elgato also. The OWC one has a firewire port.

rwh63

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
i have seen these hubs. i'm actually hoping to find something that does not need a separate power supply; ideally a plug-in with a couple of usb 2/3 female ends.

Rockadile

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
i have seen these hubs. i'm actually hoping to find something that does not need a separate power supply; ideally a plug-in with a couple of usb 2/3 female ends.
Yes, these are full fledged docks so many people will connect external drives and charge peripherals so there's power supply for reliable energy. I haven't seen a mini hub with firewire so I only listed the big ones.

rwh63

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
i know about the kana option, though it only has a single usb. seems like there is very little thunderbolt 1/2 to usb options in existence. hate the thought of having to daisy chain several adapters together to get what i need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.