Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

8CoreWhore

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Tejas
I just wrote a long letter to monoprice.com explaining why TB adapters are needed now... for instance, TB to USB3. (assuming it's possible). And I explained how the first company to make such adapters available will get free press. So, hopefully they'll get hard at work on them. : ) prod, prod

I have an EXT HDD that is eSATA only... I'd love an adapter for that... how about a hub with both?

Thoughts?

:)

mattoligy

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2010
Cloud 9
I just wrote a long letter to monoprice.com explaining why TB adapters are needed now... for instance, TB to USB3. (assuming it's possible). And I explained how the first company to make such adapters available will get free press. So, hopefully they'll get hard at work on them. : ) prod, prod

I have an EXT HDD that is eSATA only... I'd love an adapter for that... how about a hub with both?

Thoughts?

:)

I am desperate for a USB3 to thunderbolt solution! USB2 is painfully slow!

£1550 of new Macbook Pro With one of the most high speed connectors known to man (Thunderbolt) a USB3 WD 1TB Passport drive and i'm still waiting 3 hours for a few 1080p movies to copy over.....

:-/ Sort it out

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Thunderbolt is currently as much use as this...

chocolateteapot.jpg

Let's hope that changes soon and we see some actual kit materialise. :)

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
After TB was announced I said screw another useless standard that meant more adapters and being generally stuck with USB 2 with all my apple products. I went out and bought a synology 1511+ nas and could not be happier, now all the devices in my house can share data in my house and it's damn fast. And if the other manafactures do not use the minidp for their tb. Connector like Sony for instance, even more adatpers...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.