Thunderbolt Compatible Displays (other than Apple)

ychaikin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any other monitors that support Thunderbolt? OR any adapters that would let me take a MacBook Pro with a Thunderbolt port and connect it to 2 external monitors (being treated as 2 external monitors not one large monitor).

And now for the heretical question: Does anyone know if Thunderbolt is supported when you run Windows 7 through BootCamp?

I really like Apple hardware, but I don't want to spend such an enormous amount of money on their monitors. The best for would be if someone came out with some adapter where a Thunderbolt cable would go in and 2 DVIs would come out so I can connect my existing monitors to it and be done with that.

Anyone know if that's possible or anything like exists on the market?

Thanks!
-Y.

laxman101

macrumors regular
May 6, 2011
Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any other monitors that support Thunderbolt? OR any adapters that would let me take a MacBook Pro with a Thunderbolt port and connect it to 2 external monitors (being treated as 2 external monitors not one large monitor).

And now for the heretical question: Does anyone know if Thunderbolt is supported when you run Windows 7 through BootCamp?

I really like Apple hardware, but I don't want to spend such an enormous amount of money on their monitors. The best for would be if someone came out with some adapter where a Thunderbolt cable would go in and 2 DVIs would come out so I can connect my existing monitors to it and be done with that.

Anyone know if that's possible or anything like exists on the market?

Thanks!
-Y.
Mini-Display Port still works, but not thunderbolt.

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2005
Bump:
Does anyone know if Thunderbolt is supported when you run Windows 7 through BootCamp? (or worse, Windows XP?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.