ThunderBolt Decal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macduke, Mar 2, 2011.

1. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

Does anyone know of any places that already have a Thunderbolt decal that would go around the Apple on the back of my new ThunderBook?

Maybe something like this, Intel's version in black with a cutout for the Apple Logo?

[​IMG]

Or even some sort of cool, black silhouette style lightning design. Maybe a big, fat lightning bolt going vertical down the center third of the back of my 15" with a cutout for the Apple logo.

What about doing it myself? What is the best material to print on? I'm a design student with a decent printer and good exacto blade skills. What type of decal material works well for this, like the ones commonly found on Etsy.com? Would it work well on an inkjet (I have a Canon Pro9000 mk II), or would I be better off buying a black decal and cutting it out of the material by hand or by drawing on it with sharpie to outline? Thanks.

2. kutsushita macrumors regular

kutsushita

research local import car clubs that can do custom stickers. here in houston theres a place called underground graphics that will do any custom image you have as a decal for 10$ starting price.

3. CopperX macrumors member

I've nominated your post for the best WTF post of the year.

4. deeesea macrumors 6502

5. BigWalt macrumors regular

BigWalt

LOL Gregs right down the road from me, Good guy.

6. CW Jones macrumors 6502

Hmm good luck with that, this is a trademarked logo of some sort, cutting this would be very illegal. I doubt anyone with half a brain would cut this. I have been cutting custom vinyl graphics for a while now and always reject business that involves something trademarked or copywritten. Not worth the $10,000
    + it could cost.

7. Cicatrix macrumors 6502

I have had some custom vinyl stickers made from stickercutting.com

I can say these guys do extremely good work and are very easy to do business with. I highly recommend them.