Thunderbolt Display Crooked?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JD92, Jun 25, 2013.

1. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

Hi folks,

I've just gone through 3 27" Thunderbolt Displays and have had to send two of them back and have requested to send the third one back too. They all seemed to be attached to the stand at a very slight angle, but on something this big even if it's only at a small angle it becomes immediately noticeable. There seemed to be about 0.3cm difference in height between the left hand side of the screen and the right hand side. The stand was sitting perfectly flat on my desk, and I also tried I putting it on different surfaces just to make sure it wasn't my desk at fault, but it does seem to be an issue with the display.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

2. hkoster1 macrumors regular

Well, just got my brand new Thunderbolt Display today... and I can't say that there is a problem with the mount. Using a 60 cm level, my desktop is horizontal, and so is the top of the display, and the sides are vertical; all with the bubble inside the hash marks. Measuring the height of left and right bottom extremities above the desktop, there is less than 1 mm difference, not that most people would notice when looking at it.

So, from my sample of one it would appear that you're unlucky. Refurb buyers will love you for sending those displays back...

3. JD92 thread starter macrumors 6502a

JD92

Hah, I'm sure they will love me.

I went along to my local Apple Store today because I really want a Thunderbolt Display to use for my work and didn't want to wait for another replacement. I brought my trusty ruler along with me, had a look at both the Thunderbolt Display and Cinema Display they had on display and both were perfectly level, so I decided I must have just had really bad luck and that maybe the online store had had a bad batch.

I asked one of the guys to get me a Thunderbolt Display, but said I'd just like to check it out before I walked out with it to make sure it was level and lo-and-behold, the one I took out the box was crooked to the exact same degree as the ones I had bought online.

I give up.