Thunderbolt display, distorted sound in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by astormsau, Jun 25, 2012.

1. astormsau macrumors newbie

Hi everyone
    I have recently purchased a Thunderbolt display and a new 2012 Macbook Air. At the moment I am mainly using the Air in the Thunderbolt display. Anyhow for some reason after listening to music in iTunes for perhaps an hour through the display speakers, the sound in the speakers becomes horribly distorted.

If I close iTunes and then open iTunes again then it comes good for another hour or so. Has anyone experienced this? The monitor is less than 2 weeks old so perhaps I should just return it?

Otherwise awesome display... any input appreciated...

2. marcomeneses11 macrumors newbie

100% this is happening with any sound coming out of the thunderbolt display. Any music, spotify, pandora, iTunes, even video chat. Any sound is turned to static after 3 or 4 minutes. HELP??

3. astormsau thread starter macrumors newbie

4. jameswdmb macrumors member

I have a Thunderbolt display, time capsule, and a 2012 MBA and I have not experienced this behavior at all. It cant be an across the board issue

5. astormsau thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple swapped the display on the weekend and the new one has the same issue. I dont have a time capsule, I have a network time capsule drive from QNAP, might disable time machine and see what happens.

Drew