Thunderbolt Display flickers with Mavericks

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Slevin, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Slevin macrumors regular

I just upgraded my setup to include a thunderbolt display attached to my late 2011 MBA and I'm running Mavericks DP8 but since I first connected the display to my MBA the display keeps flickering. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

I'm redownloading OS X 10.8 and going to attempt to install that in order to determine if it's 10.9 causing the issue, my MBA or the actual display. But does anyone have any suggestion on what else to do?

Thanks

2. vanhaakonnen, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013

vanhaakonnen macrumors newbie

I have no problems with a flickering display...but when I close my mbpr with mountain lion I could work with the thunderbolt display and bluetooth mouse/keyboard.

When I close my macbook under mavericks it goes to sleep and ignores the thunderbolt display and mouse/keyboard... Any help?

3. Manic Harmonic macrumors 6502

Try plugging a thumb drive in when the lid is closed or plugging in the display after you close the lid.

4. redgular macrumors newbie

I have the same issue. To remedy the problem I unplug the display after closing the lid and then replug it. It seems to work. Sometimes I restart OSX as well.