Thunderbolt Display Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Dekard, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Dekard macrumors 6502

Dekard

Anyone having odd issues with their Thnderbolt display? Mine is working off and on, I sometimes have to switch power outlets for it to even come on, although all the pass through stuff firewire,network, usb etc stuff powers up and works fine I get no display.

If I am in bootcamp and Windows dim's the display, if I reboot and let it go into Mac the display never comes back up either..

I've taken into Apple, and they replaced the main circuit board, power, and light sensor and I'm still having issues... I love the ability of the dock and all but for dropping a grand on this I shouldn't be having this kinds of issues.

argghh..

2. JronMasteR macrumors 6502

JronMasteR

Having to switch power outlets sounds familiar to me. Had to do that once or twice because the display didn't want to turn on.
    Overall I'm happy with it, but Apple still needs to fix some issues.

3. Dekard thread starter macrumors 6502

Dekard

I sent it back today.. was mad it wasn't working as designed. I shouldn't have to unplug and plug it into another outlet to get a 1k monitor to work correctly. :(

Maybe I'll wait for 2.0.. or see if I can get a better deal on a new one locally.

4. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

mine is just plugged into the surge protector. I do have the issues with brightness controls and display speakers not being detected when used as a laptop then reconnected to the TBD.

5. Dekard thread starter macrumors 6502

Dekard

returned the faulty refurb and got a new one, so far hasn't shown the same issues.