Thunderbolt Display Issues -

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rtkane, Apr 25, 2013.

1. rtkane macrumors regular

rtkane

Hi all... I recently bought a 15" rMBP + TB Display to replace a 2009 iMac and 2010 MBA. Unfortunately, the displays that I've gotten seems to have issues with color banding and I'm now awaiting my 5th display to show up today. I've read about some folks having to go through multiple displays to find one that doesn't have problems and am wondering if maybe I'm just being unreasonable and inconsistent color is just normal (note: I'm using my 2009 iMac display as a point of comparison and that was pretty much perfect with the exception of some very slight color difference at the very bottom). My wife is normally a good gauge as to whether or not I'm just being to picky--typically, if she can't see the problem, it's not bad enough to complain about.

However, she's seen everything that I've been having issues with and while I feel bad about having to return multiple monitors, for the price we pay for these things, I would expect to see something pretty close to perfect (if not perfect). With all of that said, here's a picture of my current display. While you can't get exactly what you see in person, it's pretty close and the blue banding on the left third of the screen (top to bottom) feels like it's pretty obvious vs. the right hand side of the screen, which is distinctly more yellow.

Is this normal?

[​IMG]

Full size image

I've tried calibrating, etc., but the two sides feel like two different color profiles. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. rtkane thread starter macrumors regular

rtkane

Looks like the 5th time's a charm. Can't tell as easily from the picture, but it's a huge difference in person. Don't know how I ended up so unlucky with bad monitors the first 4 times:

The 4th that's being returned is on top. 5th (the keeper) is on bottom:

[​IMG]