Thunderbolt Display Refresh?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Cully411, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Cully411 macrumors member

Along with the imac refresh which is rumored sometime in the next month or so - Do you think Apple will be updating their thunderbolt display?

Thoughts?

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

I hope so. Personally I would be surprised if Apple ups the screen resolution. Who has seen a 27" IPS panel with greater than 2550x1400?

With luck they will change out USB 2 for USB 3. They could drop FW as they have done on newer Macbooks. It would be nice to have a second Thunderbolt port so the Display does not have to be the end of the chain.

If they do release a refresh, I guess I know what will be under the tree at Christmas.

3. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I'm in the market for a new display. Thunderbolt would be nice, but, I won't be buying Apple since I want a matte display. I was just reminded earlier this week how annoying glossy Apple displays are.

4. gowanis macrumors 6502

I'm not expecting a resolution increase, but USB3 would be nice. Also, I've been reading many threads about people having issues with the current TB not waking properly, as well as devices connected to the TB ports not waking.

5. kemo macrumors 6502a

kemo

I'd definitely not be expecting resolution increase. However I can imagine Apple will update ATD to similiar desing as iMac does - slimmer design, less reflection and USB3 as well. Possibly one more Thunderbolt Connector as well. I hope they also make it Fully compatible with current ATD as Im not willing to sell and and I'd like to get one more once they announce the new version.

6. turtlez macrumors 6502a

turtlez

I hope they go for the screen on the glass for clearer quality, USB 3(given of course). Don't care for extra pixels at this point because it would be $$$ and run like crap under even the most powerful GPU set up.