Thunderbolt display shipping delay

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Razorhog, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

I ordered a Mac Pro with a Thunderbolt display and everything arrived July 24th but the display. It still says "processing order". The estimated ship date was originally 3-5 days but this morning I got an email.
    "Due to an unexpected delay, we are unable to ship the following item(s) by the date that you were originally quoted:MC914LL/B, APPLE THUNDERBOLT DISPLAY-USA will now ship on or before Aug 05, 2014.

I hope there's a new model about to come out and they are delaying my order so I can get it! :D

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Dang good chance. If so, watch the price. If a new model is more expensive, they should not charge you any delta. And if the new one is less, you should get a rebate.

3. Razorhog thread starter macrumors 65816

Razorhog

My Apple rep knows nothing of course.... From what I've read of the rumors, a new TD was expected with the late 2012 iMac or soon thereafter but it never materialized. Now people are speculating about a 4k version. I suspect there will be a slimmer more iMac like version at current resolution, and a 4k version later down the road.

4. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

Why not just go 4k the mac pro can handle it and it would take away sells from competitors?

5. Razorhog thread starter macrumors 65816

Razorhog

It would be cool, but cost prohibitive for most. The Mac was about $5k, a 4k monitor would be a significant percentage of that.

6. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

How is it cost prohibitive? Dell has a 4k display for 500$ Apple could very well release a 4k TBD for 1000$

7. Razorhog thread starter macrumors 65816

Razorhog

Very true. Right now the 4k display is like a $3000 option or something ridiculous.

8. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

I would be happy with a ATD2 that was 27", native 2560x1800 resolution for 15" rMBPs, USB3 ports, no FW, camera, speakers, mic, and of course a TB2 port for continuing the chain. Naturally it would charge MacBooks and provide a TB2 cable towards the MacBooks. The TB2 cable/port would drop to TB1 if the Macbook was not capable of TB2.

And best of all, the price should be much less than $1000. ;)

9. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

But will Apple do it? Who knows they partnered with IBM.:eek:

10. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

We have met the enemy and he is us."

Probably the most famous Pogo quotation is "We have met the enemy and he is us." Perhaps more than any other words written by Kelly, it perfectly sums up his attitude towards the foibles of mankind and the nature of the human condition.

11. Razorhog thread starter macrumors 65816

Razorhog

Well it took awhile, but it's finally here and just a regular thunderbolt display. I guess I'll look on the bright side - it matches my other thunderbolt display.

12. IGregory macrumors 6502a

IGregory

Bummer!