Thunderbolt display UK voltage -> US Voltage

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by uvox, Apr 12, 2013.

  1. uvox macrumors newbie

    Jul 25, 2012
    Hi, I am relocating from the UK to the US and want to ship my 27 inch Thunderbolt display.

    It has an AC cable for the UK. Can I use it in the US with an adapter or do I need a voltage converter too?

    UK specs here:

    Input voltage: 100-240V AC; 50-60Hz
    Maximum power: 250W (Thunderbolt Display while charging MacBook Pro)

    I use it with my MacBook Air and MacBook Pro.
  2. justperry macrumors G3


    Aug 10, 2007
    In the core of a black hole.
    All (modern) Apple's devices can be used anywhere on any (common) power grid in the world.
  3. waw74 macrumors 68030

    May 27, 2008
    you answered your own question with this line
    the US is 120v 60Hz

    if a device says that it will work anywhere in the world, you will only need a "dumb" adapter to make the prongs fit. pretty much all modern electronics are like that, like cell phone chargers.

    if you don't want the adapter sitting on your desk, you can get a new cable, might even be cheaper than an adapter, looks like the new imac uses a standard IEC cable, which you can get on amazon for about $1 and probably a few dollars more at any electronics store, or probably several dollars more at an apple store. check to make sure it will fit before purchasing as i'm not 100% sure this is the right cable.
  4. Giuly macrumors 68040


    ...that, or you spend $4.50 to get the proper Apple power cord.

Share This Page