Thunderbolt Display Wireless Keyboard Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ELA2, Mar 8, 2012.

1. ELA2 macrumors member

Hi,

Just got my new thunderbolt display attached to my 2011 macbook pro and am loving it. I plan on mainly using my macbook pro in clamshell mode. I have a couple of questions.

1) Can I restart the computer while closed and use the option key on this wireless keyboard to get into windows?

2) Looks like my computer was having some issues in pairing with both the mouse and keyboard on restart. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

2. Smork macrumors member

I don't believe that the keyboard will work as the bluetooth drivers are not loaded until the operating system is loaded.

Try disabling bluetooth and re-enabling it, or turning off/on the keyboard/mice.

3. ELA2 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks for the help. Everything is fine now pairing is no problem almost like the system had to learn both keyboard and mouse were there. As far as going into windows upon reboot with wireless keyboard you just have to wait for the chime to finish before holding down the option key....holding it before and it won't register.