Thunderbolt display with future Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by pgp78, Nov 29, 2011.

1. pgp78 macrumors newbie

I bought a Thunderbolt display to use with my MacBook Pro and also thought it would be good to have when I buy a future Mac Pro that has Thunderbolt support built in.

It seems the current version of the Thunderbolt display is more targetted for laptop owners; I would've thought Apple might have the Thunderbolt/MagSafe combo cable be removable but its hard-wired to the display.

The only thing I'm wondering is -- will Apple release a new version of the Thunderbolt display that doesn't have the built-in Mag safe connector in the future?

2. DouchGod macrumors regular

DouchGod

I don't think you will get a version without, the future of computing is people using mobile products then docking them at a desk at home to become there "desktop" bye bye grey box :(.

The Thunderbolt display is the ultimate solution for doing this at the moment and like you i dock my laptop to it and it becomes my "Desktop", you know what apple are like if they think we should be heading in one direction they will cut there arms off getting there.

I've never really saw it as a issue it don't bother me if its still there if i ever move onto a mac pro.

3. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

I doubt it.

The magsafe connector can be used to charge MacBooks if the displayed is used with a Mac Pro or a Mac Mini.