Thunderbolt display with multiple MacBook Pro users question

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
So, I am considering a TBD for use where two people will hook up to it with MBP's at random times.

I have an Apple wireless keyboard and mouse.

My question is, do the M&KB hook sync with the display or the individual computers? As in, when I hook up one MBP, will I need to additionally re-sync the bluetooth connections all over again, or will the display remember each individual profile?

This might sound like a stupid question for some, but I know the display has more docking-like capabilities than others, so I thought I would ask.

dmccloud

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
So, I am considering a TBD for use where two people will hook up to it with MBP's at random times.

I have an Apple wireless keyboard and mouse.

My question is, do the M&KB hook sync with the display or the individual computers? As in, when I hook up one MBP, will I need to additionally re-sync the bluetooth connections all over again, or will the display remember each individual profile?

This might sound like a stupid question for some, but I know the display has more docking-like capabilities than others, so I thought I would ask.
The display doesn't include Bluetooth, so you'd have to sync to each computer individually. That being said, Logitech makes both an ultrathin Touch Mouse and a Bluetooth Easy-Switch keyboard that allow you to set them up for multiple devices without repairing each time. That's what I use to switch back and forth with my Macs.

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
The display doesn't include Bluetooth, so you'd have to sync to each computer individually. That being said, Logitech makes both an ultrathin Touch Mouse and a Bluetooth Easy-Switch keyboard that allow you to set them up for multiple devices without repairing each time. That's what I use to switch back and forth with my Macs.
Oh really? That sounds pretty cool. What is the name of it?

goMac

macrumors 604
Apr 15, 2004
Easier solution...

The TBD has USB ports. Plug a USB mouse and keyboard (or wireless models with USB dongles) into the TBD. When the user plugs into the TBD, they'll be synced with that mouse and keyboard.

No fuss. No special multiple user Bluetooth keyboards.