Thunderbolt display with multiple MacBook Pro users question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xkmxkmxlmx, Apr 2, 2014.

1. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

So, I am considering a TBD for use where two people will hook up to it with MBP's at random times.

I have an Apple wireless keyboard and mouse.

My question is, do the M&KB hook sync with the display or the individual computers? As in, when I hook up one MBP, will I need to additionally re-sync the bluetooth connections all over again, or will the display remember each individual profile?

This might sound like a stupid question for some, but I know the display has more docking-like capabilities than others, so I thought I would ask.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

They sync via Bluetooth directly to the computer. The TBD has nothing to do with it.

3. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

The display doesn't include Bluetooth, so you'd have to sync to each computer individually. That being said, Logitech makes both an ultrathin Touch Mouse and a Bluetooth Easy-Switch keyboard that allow you to set them up for multiple devices without repairing each time. That's what I use to switch back and forth with my Macs.

4. xkmxkmxlmx thread starter macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Oh really? That sounds pretty cool. What is the name of it?

5. goMac macrumors 603

Easier solution...

The TBD has USB ports. Plug a USB mouse and keyboard (or wireless models with USB dongles) into the TBD. When the user plugs into the TBD, they'll be synced with that mouse and keyboard.

No fuss. No special multiple user Bluetooth keyboards.