Thunderbolt dock?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Dirtyharrydev, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Dirtyharrydev macrumors member

Hi guys,
    I got a MBA 2013 and need a Thunderbolt dock, do you know any good one?

I got one iMAC as target display with thunderbolt cable and also I have a second screen with mini-dvi / DVI connection.

As I only have one TB port at min MBA I have some problems with this, do you know any dock / hub that I can buy so I can use this two displays at the same time.

What I need is : 2 TB-ports or 1TB port and 1 mini-display port or 1TB port and 1 DVI port.

Edit:
    Ofc I do need 1TB port also so I connect my MBA to the dock.

2. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Check out the Caldigit model and just use an hdmi to dvi cable.

3. fredr500 macrumors regular

Belkin

I've been using the Belkin since it came out. It runs a bit warm,but I haven't had any trouble with ethernet, a display, speakers, a USB3 disk and a 7 port USB3 hub.

4. dyn macrumors 68030

I second the Caldigit dock. It is the cheapest of the tb docks available but comes with the most features. USB3 is also full speed (5Gbps, not 2.5Gbps!) and can use UASP (really nice with external drives/usb thumbdrives that support it). It works very stable. There is only one caveat but you'll get that with any other thunderbolt device: you can only use 1 non-thunderbolt display. If you want more you need to daisy chain docks or go for the Apple Thunderbolt Display.

5. tanker5 macrumors member